Thread: accutrigger bottom bolt release replacement

Luke45

accutrigger bottom bolt release replacement

what is the best one? i usually use timneys but they do not accomidate for the bottom bolt release

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke45 View Post
    what is the best one? i usually use timneys but they do not accomidate for the bottom bolt release
    just curious...is this a bench rest or hunting rifle? Distances intended to shoot? the reason I ask is if this is a hunting rifle shooting under 600 yards then accutrigger should be great as-is. You should be able to get a nice 3lb crisp brake. If you want less you can put in one of the target trigger springs which should drop you to 2-2.5lbs which is plenty for under 600yards (especially if you wear gloves). If shooting greater distances OR this is a benchrest only gun then that is another story.

Luke45
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigeclipse View Post
    just curious...is this a bench rest or hunting rifle? Distances intended to shoot? the reason I ask is if this is a hunting rifle shooting under 600 yards then accutrigger should be great as-is. You should be able to get a nice 3lb crisp brake. If you want less you can put in one of the target trigger springs which should drop you to 2-2.5lbs which is plenty for under 600yards (especially if you wear gloves). If shooting greater distances OR this is a benchrest only gun then that is another story.
    Precision long range cimpetition rifle out to a mile so no accutrigger

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke45 View Post
    Precision long range cimpetition rifle out to a mile so no accutrigger
    ah ok gotcha. I have just seen too many people going out in the woods with a crazy light trigger when it really is not needed nor is it desired in very cold weather. Sorry I really cant comment on which trigger would be best for competition out to a mile.

Luke45
    the big question is what aftermarket trigger can replace accutrigger with bottom bolt release! the timneys only work for top bolt release, i have like 4 of those

Team Savage
    I don't believe there currently any aftermarket triggers that will work with the Savage BBR action. Some folks have tried converting a BBR to TBR by switching out the sear. However, you have to bend the TBR sear arm to clear the BBR action or mill a flat spot on the action for arm clearance. The TBR sear is very hard and will break off, or most likely have a stress fracture if you try to bend. IMO, the easiest and cheapest way is to just find a TBR donor action. On current production rifles, I believe the Hog Hunter is the only model that still comes with the TBR.
    Last edited by jpdown; 06-03-2015 at 01:18 PM.

Luke45
    thanks! what about rifle basix sav 1? it is vauge on thier site but sounds like it should work

Luke45
    Problem solved! just got email back from rifle basix

"Yes, SAV-1 will work just fine with Savage 110 centerfire action that has a bottom bolt release."

Luke45
    Update: sav1 trigger installed and easy drop in for a bottom bolt release accutrigger

Good to know. My Accu-trigger works just fine for my hunting rifle but who know what impulse buy I will make next!
    [QUOTE=fgw_in_fla;256183]We told you so...[/QUOTE]

The Timney is equally as nice.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood View Post
    The Timney is equally as nice.
    Yes, but it only works on top bolt release accutrigger models.