Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nosler brass in 260.....bummer

JCalhoun

I bought 100pcs of the Nosler .260's when they first hit the market. I have about 5 loadings on them now and a few are just showing some loosening of the primer pockets. I have never had any brass problems from them though.

I was tickled to death when they became available as they are much better quality than the Remington cases I was using.

Everybody has bad cases get through. I bought 50 Lapua .308's a few years ago and half of them were unusable due to overly small primer pockets. Just recently I had brand new Winchester .243's with cracked necks and mismarked case heads (.243 cases with .308 headstamps) in the same bag.

Quote Originally Posted by JCalhoun View Post
    I bought 100pcs of the Nosler .260's when they first hit the market. I have about 5 loadings on them now and a few are just showing some loosening of the primer pockets. I have never had any brass problems from them though.

I was tickled to death when they became available as they are much better quality than the Remington cases I was using.

Everybody has bad cases get through. I bought 50 Lapua .308's a few years ago and half of them were unusable due to overly small primer pockets. Just recently I had brand new Winchester .243's with cracked necks and mismarked case heads (.243 cases with .308 headstamps) in the same bag.
    holy cow......243s with 308 stamping?.......not good...
    I totally agree as far as bad cases getting thru. it happens but at there price range?....just doesn't fit well with me.
    I developed a good load with them so Ill use them until I cant anymore.
    Sure do wish Id of found the gent out of Concho AZ that preps once fired LC 308 down to 260 sooner.
    Life is tuff.....its even tuffer when your stupid
    {John Wayne}

JCalhoun
    Yep.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12