Thread: Mid-November in Monroeville, PA.

Mid-November in Monroeville, PA.

Gotta spend a week there for 4 days of training, anything to do in the off-hours?
    Originally Posted by keeki
    Guess it doesn't really matter. If ya cant afford $15, you won't be buying much anyways

Doesn't your boss know you can't teach old dogs new tricks?
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

thomae
    Well, you are 13 miles east of Pittsburgh, so there should be things to do there. Museums, Pirates ball game. Don't know when you will be there, but here's a list of some free summer concerts: http://www.monroeville.pa.us/parks/i...certSeries.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by J. Baker View Post
    Doesn't your boss know you can't teach old dogs new tricks?
    Yes, but you gotta keep up with new technology. Especially when you've already upgraded to it.....

Quote Originally Posted by thomae View Post
    Pirates ball game. Don't know when you will be there, but here's a list of some free summer concerts: http://www.monroeville.pa.us/parks/i...certSeries.pdf
    Its in the thread title. Even if the Pirates go to the Series, they'll all be at home resting by then. Browns and Steelers on the 15th, I'll be there then, but not a fan of either.
    Guess it doesn't really matter. If ya cant afford $15, you won't be buying much anyways

thomae
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotolds442 View Post
    Its in the thread title.
    Obviously I was not paying attention...if I understood what I were reading, I might be dangerous! Sorry about that!

The Carnegie Museum of Natural History is well worth a visit.

There's the Carnegie Science Center with the USS Requin Submarine, RoboWorld, and the Miniature Railroad and Village, and the SpacePlace exhibits (all well worth seeing).

You can ride the Duquesne Incline up Mount Washington for a great view of downtown.

There's the Carnegie Museum of Art if you're into that kind of thing.

The Nationality Rooms at the Cathedral of Learning on the University of Pittsburgh campus was pretty cool.

If you happen to be Catholic and like beer you can always hit the Church Brew Works.

Of course Point State Park is a must visit while you're in town.

Apparently there is an Andy Warhol Museum.

And of course no trip to the Pitt is complete without a visit to the Strip District and Square Station.
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Oh, almost forgot....it's manditory that you buy a Pittsburghese t-shirt while you're there.

Basic Member
    Or you could rent a car and within a few hours be someplace where theres lots of elk.
    Send some rounds at rocks with some (real) guns at (real) distance.
    Get to see and use equiptment you (will) want to take back with you.
    Be glassing at up to 2 miles from the front yard.
    And the room and board would be free.
    And as a bonus you would see first hand just how much of a B S'R that old sob really is lol.

Quote Originally Posted by yobuck View Post
    Or you could rent a car and within a few hours be someplace where theres lots of elk.
    Send some rounds at rocks with some (real) guns at (real) distance.
    Get to see and use equiptment you (will) want to take back with you.
    Be glassing at up to 2 miles from the front yard.
    And the room and board would be free.
    And as a bonus you would see first hand just how much of a B S'R that old sob really is lol.
    Lol! That's probably worth the trip in itself. I spent all weekend glassing elk at over a mile......in a different state. Funny how they behave when there's nobody in range of their noses. I may have to take you up on that if I can arrange enough spare time. I will have a rental car.

Basic Member
    What were you using for glasses? Most of these elk would be very close range, quite possibly in the yard eating grass.

Vortex Razor HD, 20-60x80. Sitting in a Washington RV park looking across the Columbia River into Oregon, staring right into the middle of my old Elk hunting grounds.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotolds442 View Post
    Vortex Razor HD, 20-60x80. Sitting in a Washington RV park looking across the Columbia River into Oregon, staring right into the middle of my old Elk hunting grounds.
    Bring it along, within 5 minits you will have convinced yourself to take it home and sell it to fund another project.