I'm fairly new as well. I didn't mean anything by my post except it was poorly worded on my part when I read over it. An OAL tool and comparitor is a fairly cheap tool to purchase. I use hornadys. there are others that just use a socket. I was asking about the size of your groups because i wanted to compare to other .223 I have shot and developed loads for. Also is 25gn of varget the only load you have tried? There are oodles of ways to develop loads. My current process is to find the recommended min/max in a few of my reloading manuals and compare them then decide on a common min/max and divide it into as equal as possible gn steps. I.E. min 22gn max 24.5gn I use 22.0, 22.3, 22.6, 22.9, 23.2, 23.5, 23.8, 24.1, 24.3, 24.5. I like 10 steps in my ladder! Just my preference. so lets say 22.3 shoots .78" and 24.1 shoot .72" @100 yards. My next step is to take those two steps and adjust in .005 increments from .010 off the lands to .040. I have not had one like to be any closer then .010 off the lands so I generally just start there. If I am not happy i may move closer to the lands but I typically find a nice depth that closes the group a significant amount.