I truly sympathize with your living in such a restrictive state. But, if you could reasonanably obtain the necessary reloading components, I believe that you would shoot and enjoy your Axis much more. I shoot both jacketed and cast bullets in my reloads. The recurring cost per round for the cast bullet loads is only about $0.04 (mainly the cost of the primers), and the velocities are 800 - 2000 fps, depending on the powder and the charge weight. The cost per round is more like $0.06 if I use gas checks for the higher velocities. The reloading process itself, IMO, is itself interesting and enjoyable. I enjoy casting bullets and muzzleloader round balls.

I also live in a rural area in the foothills of the Ouachita Mountains. I have 40 wooded acres. I do have to be careful not to shoot in certain directions, especially at high angles. A lot of my shooting is across my pond into the earthen dam. I also have a number of bullet traps that are wooden boxes filled with sand that will stop virtually any bullet. So far (in 32 years living here) no one has complained about my shooting. Just about all of my neighbors shoot some, just not as much as I do.

Once again, reloading can allow you to shoot with lower cost per shot, and you have the versatility of loading rounds that have the noise level and velocity of your Model 25N (I used to have one of those and foolishly traded it.) I do not have elaborate reloading equipment, just a very simple setup, and that's all I want or need.

I have been looking at aftermarket sights so that if I do buy another Axis, I may just buy a set of sights and have a machinist friend install them. Or I may install them myself. I do have a drill press and vise.