I don't know if they would be able to do a Scout type setup. When I get ready to send it in and call them to ask for the procedure, I will ask them what, if any, options I have available for mounting sights on the Axis. I was figuring it would probably be like what is on the Hog Hunter, but the only thing I don't like about that is that the rear sight is nearly halfway up the barrel. That would certainly take some getting used to. With regard to the Scout setup...I'm not really sure that it's for me. What I'm used to is what's on my Marlin 25N. That's what I wish they had something like, but I think the Hog Hunter is the closest I am going to get.

What I really wish was available was some sort of aftermarket setup where the front sight could be slipped over and/or clamped onto the barrel, and the rear sight could be mounted in the rear scope rail holes. Actually, the rear sight probably wouldn't be that much of a problem to deal with, as I've seen some that actually mount on the rail itself, but the front one is a bugger for sure. I figured someone would make something like that, but after a ton of searching I've come up with nothing. I've seen front sights like that for shotguns, but nothing for rifles. It's not like it would be very hard; just slip it over and tighten it. No biggie. Getting it centered would take some time, but the fine tuning is done with the rear sight anyway. Again, I can't find anything like that, though I thought there would be a lot of something like that available. Just front sights that have to be mounted the traditional way, with having holes drilled and tapped.

What I would truly like is just a traditional blade in the front, and a simple adjustable sight for the rear. Nothing fancy. Again, though, I think the type on the Hog Hunter is the closest I am going to get. I think I am going to call them tomorrow and ask for more details about what options, if any, they have.