Well I am officially a barrel nut fan. I now own 3 Savages , and am Eyeing a model 12 in .308. My newest accquisition is a 110, with wooden stock, in 30-06, with accu-trigger. Gun is in GREAT shape, used but not fired when I bought it. I loaded a few loads for it that normally shoot well in a "06', and they did. I'm talkin' .750 groups @ 100 yds. But when I cleaned it between shootings ,I noticed that internally, I could feel machine marks, sorta like corragation marks, that were consistent from the beginning to the muzzle. I think that these are machine marks left when the deep drilling took place. Now the cleaning rod tension from beginning to end is consistent and does not change, but you can actually feel the "radial' grooves in the barrel. It doe NOT affect accuracy, obviouslly,but am wondering about fouling issues. Wil this cause early fouling? Will it 'go away'? Or should I contact Savage? My model 10 fp in .223 barrel is slick as glass. My sons Stevens 200 in .270 is smooth and consistent. This one is consistent, but I have never felt this in a barrel before. I have heard of it, but have never actually owned one. Any thoughts or comments are welcome. Thanks in advance. AIM SMALL, MISS SMALL. 7STW