Thread: Savage 111 300 WIN MAG

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    jsmith
    Thanks Winnie. Looked up the SAV2, but I don't really want to shell out a bunch of money on a trigger. I'll just being using it for hunting, so do you have any recommendation altering the current trigger. I just want to make it a little crisper. I'd rather spend the money on optics/mounts, than a fancy trigger.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmith View Post
    Thanks Winnie. Looked up the SAV2, but I don't really want to shell out a bunch of money on a trigger. I'll just being using it for hunting, so do you have any recommendation altering the current trigger. I just want to make it a little crisper. I'd rather spend the money on optics/mounts, than a fancy trigger.

I purchased a new Savage 111F in .300 Win Mag in 1991 for $400 IIRC. I didn't do any upgrades until 2003 (RB trigger, Holland's QD MB, and B&C stock). I managed to shoot it well but have to admit, the hardest was the terrible trigger pull, it was at least 6 lbs. The current trigger was set as low ass 1.5 lbs but increased and maintained it at 2.5-3 lbs for hunting.

jsmith
    nice speed goat, feenix. Thanks for sharing. I actually had time to tinker with it tonight. After adjusting trigger, I found that the trigger weight was turn way up. I turned it down and I have a MUCH crisper pull now. Very pleased. Going to strip the stock down and refinish it a little darker and put some nice optics on it. I'll post pictures of the progress when I'm finished. Thanks guys.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmith View Post
    nice speed goat, feenix. Thanks for sharing. I actually had time to tinker with it tonight. After adjusting trigger, I found that the trigger weight was turn way up. I turned it down and I have a MUCH crisper pull now. Very pleased. Going to strip the stock down and refinish it a little darker and put some nice optics on it. I'll post pictures of the progress when I'm finished. Thanks guys.
    Thanks! For some reason, I was not able to adjust the factory to a lower trigger pull safely but I was successful with the factory trigger off my Savage 110 to 2.5 lbs ... go figure.

I'm glad you were able to adjust yours to a more acceptable pull. Good luck and enjoy!

Members who have read this thread in the last 1 days: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.