Thread: Tools required....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    lrshooting
    Quote Originally Posted by foxx View Post
    Don't worry about it. If the bolt closes on the go gage easily, and only closes 1/2 way with a piece of tape on it, you can't go wrong. Just make sure the tape is not doubled-up or wrapped over the edges. It will make more sense to you after you do it. The only reason I would bother with a no-go is if I was doing a whole lot of barrel installations and didn't want to "fuss" with the tape. Also, if a cartridge extracts properly when you are done, it's just more confirmation that all is okay.
    I see...well that was a waste of 30$. Oh well I guess. Good thing here is we kind of tool share in the community with smaller equipment like the torque wrenches, gauges, scope ring lapping tools, etc. So im sure they will get used at some point.Thanks btw.

BarrelNuts
    Quote Originally Posted by lrshooting View Post
    I see...well that was a waste of 30$. Oh well I guess. Good thing here is we kind of tool share in the community with smaller equipment like the torque wrenches, gauges, scope ring lapping tools, etc. So im sure they will get used at some point.Thanks btw.
    Like guns, one can never have too many tools... if you use it, its worth it. Every time I buy a new tool/gauge/etc I think of the scene from Grand Torino where Clint Eastwood explains to the kid that his garage full of tools was acquired over an entire lifetime... I may only need a particular tool or jig once; but someone else may need it. Not to mention the satisfaction from knowing whenever someone needs something done and are in a bind that you just happen to have the right tool to help them out.