Thread: hitting a hornet's nest but...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    LongRange
    Quote Originally Posted by psharon97 View Post
    I have 2 Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50. Haven't had a problem with either of them. Never had to use the warranty either.
    you will...i can think of 6 guys off the top of my head that have had issues with them....BUT...they do stand behind their products.

BarrelNuts
    Quote Originally Posted by LongRange View Post
    you will...i can think of 6 guys off the top of my head that have had issues with them....BUT...they do stand behind their products.
    Are these recent (past 6 months to a year) or older? I've read/seen a lot where Vortex has improved quality and consistency over the past few years. Despite the reputation I've talked to quite a few on here who actually swear by their PSTs, said they have never had problems with them (newer models), and highly recommend them. They offer a military/LEO discount that would put a PST not just well within the budget but at about half of what everything else I'm interested in costs; in other words even with the folks who say they are prone to break (because they stand by their warranty) I'm still seriously considering giving them a shot.

LongRange
    Quote Originally Posted by BarrelNuts View Post
    Are these recent (past 6 months to a year) or older? I've read/seen a lot where Vortex has improved quality and consistency over the past few years. Despite the reputation I've talked to quite a few on here who actually swear by their PSTs, said they have never had problems with them (newer models), and highly recommend them. They offer a military/LEO discount that would put a PST not just well within the budget but at about half of what everything else I'm interested in costs; in other words even with the folks who say they are prone to break (because they stand by their warranty) I'm still seriously considering giving them a shot.
    ive seen 2 vortexs go south this year(tracking issues)...one was on my buddies 204 second time out with it...and 4 through last year.

sorry for the late reply.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LongRange View Post
    I got my first one June of 2012 and never had any issues with it. Got my second one September of last year, same story on that one. This isn't a Nightforce, or Schmidt & Bender or US Optics, or any number of scopes in that price range. I wouldn't want to take this scope to Afghanistan nor would I mount it to a Law Enforcement precision rifle. If that were the case, then yes, I would spend as much money on optics as my armorer could afford. Unfortunately, I simply cannot afford that kind of scope and most people can't. For the price and features, the PST is a great value.
    They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.