First and foremost, I mean long range hunting as in my maximum "ethical" range, not 1000 yard +. Targets will be as far as I can get the bullet to fly good :)

So Ive been working on this build for a while, mainly taking time to chose my parts carefully and adding to my gun jar. I really just want to get some suggestions for any thing that might make it better, what to watch out for, and considerations.

The gun is being built off a 2014 Savage short action that came from a M11. Here are the parts I have decided on.
-Shilen 26 inch select match barrel in 308.
-McMillian A5 (Flat top to reduce costs...I can inlet and bed)
-Northland Shooters Supply Recoil Lug and Barrel Nut
-Vortex 4-16x50 PST FFP
-TPS 20 MOA steel base
-Vortex Rings
-PTG DBM

Thats the basics. I have a few other small things that are more to do with construction of the stock such as Devcon 10110, but I plan on doing pillar job with bedding job and I will play with barrel contact points. I will probably end up with only the reciever bedded and possibly the chamber area depending on accuracy trials. Ill leave the stock only inletted for awhile, and eventually mess with LIP and add a adjustable comb. Scope rings will be lapped and base will be bedded if needed on front or back depending on trueness of base and reciever

Thanks!