Quote Originally Posted by guhunter
I ended up cutting the nut off with a hacksaw and a careful hand. The threads were pretty beat up. Sent Dan at McGowen an email and he quickly issued a call tag. He offered to fix the problem, replace the barrel nut and even paid the shipping both ways. Had it back in about 3 weeks, if I remember right. It started out as a bad situation, but turned out very well. I am totally satisfied so far (haven't shot it yet). Few more weeks till the Stockade stock shows and then I'll put it through its paces.
We're only too happy to help all of our (or Northland Shooters Supply) customers out. When we reopened the doors of McGowen over 3 years ago we did so with the idea of offering the best quality for the price. Whether anyone knows this or not I used to work for another barrel company (to remain nameless) that myself and a couple of other guys worked very hard at improving their quality and we did it within the 1st year I was there. But! After about 6 years of being there the owner of the company decided to revert to his "get them out fast regardless of quality" attitude and when we started receiving complaints about the quality his standard answer was "Oh, they wouldn't know a good barrel if they saw one", well obviously the customers knew a bad one when they saw one and a lot of our customers decided to go elsewhere. We definitely do not want this to happen and we'll do whatever it takes to make it right for everyone out there. While these blogs are a great resource for information, they can sometimes become somewhat of a witch hunt when something goes wrong. We understand that it is extremely frustrating to order something, wait weeks or months for it and then when it comes in there is an issue. I especially don't like this as regardless of whether it is aimed directly at McGowen I take it personally as I am the one who most likely sold the item. Anyways, what we want or better yet what "I" want everyone to know is that if you do run upon an issue, please contact us immediately and we'll do everything we can to correct the issue. Sometimes it is as easy as chasing the threads or whatever, but there are also times where I make (not the shop) the decision that the barrel needs to be replaced. And if we do have to repair or replace something I have made sure that there is no question on the shop floor about what takes priority. If at any time anyone ever has any questions or concerns about your McGowen barrel or after reading these posts that you have some doubt in your mind, please contact me at any time. We are open Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. 406-755-4907 or you can call me on my cell (don't worry, the company pays for it) at 406-260-5904. I am here to help.

Dan
McGowen Precision Barrels