Thread: 308 to 223 ramp question

Basic Member

308 to 223 ramp question

Maybe a silly question but plan to order a single shot follower.... it has a 22-250 / 308 blind mag stag feed in now. Do I order the 308 follower or the 223? Assuming the 223 is shorter to fit the mag of the 223 so I should order the 308.... correct?
    You cant hit it if you dont shoot.

Basic Member
    I don't think either follower will work for that. I think the lips on the mag box are different. Might need a s/f 223 box and follower/single shot follower for it to work properly.

Definitely need more help from someone else like Fred (sharpshooter).

Basic Member
    Foxx,
    thanks for the info..... unfortunately the 223 box is **** near impossible to find or id just make it a repeater. have the 223 follower just not the box..... figured id go this route until I find the box.

Is your rifle center feed or staggered feed? Centerfeed doesn't matter as it fits right into the action opening and you remove the magazine/follower from the stock. Staggered feed single-shot followers from Score Hi go into the magazine on top of the follower. According to their website they have specific ones for different magazine sizes. So if you have a .308 magazine currently you'd want the medium Score Hi follower.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by J. Baker View Post
    Is your rifle center feed or staggered feed? Centerfeed doesn't matter as it fits right into the action opening and you remove the magazine/follower from the stock. Staggered feed single-shot followers from Score Hi go into the magazine on top of the follower. According to their website they have specific ones for different magazine sizes. So if you have a .308 magazine currently you'd want the medium Score Hi follower.
    His OP says it is Stagger feed 308 but wants to change to .223 . Are you saying he uses whatever the existing mag requires, even if he wants to feed 223's?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by foxx View Post
    His OP says it is Stagger feed 308 but wants to change to .223 . Are you saying he uses whatever the existing mag requires, even if he wants to feed 223's?
    Since he is going to single feed then yes.
    "And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.” John 8:32 (New King James Version)

Basic Member
    Thanks for the replies, I figured I need to order for the 22-250 / 308 but what's the harm in asking right? If anyone who reads this and has a 223 mag for a stag feed they would part with PM me. Ill put in the WTB ads as well.

Basic Member
    I put a 223 barrel on an action last week, mounted it in my McCree chassis. Don't have any 223 mags yet but it single fed just fine with a short action AI mag in place. Drop it in and push the bolt forward.