Hey guys

I have a query, what have you observed in terms of accuracy with Winchester 7.62 x51 NATO commercial stuff. They are loaded with 147gr FMJ's
Do you think I should be getting better than 1 moa out of them? So far that is about the best I’ve gotten.
They've been going through my new SSS prepped 308, with a 24" 1:10 heavy barrel. And yes it is bedded and no there’s nothing wrong with the scope. I don't think anything in this has to do with the rifle. I think it is between the ammo and the shooter (me). I am also left handed.

Theoretically, if I had perfect form and was shooting cheap factory ammo, wouldn’t the differences in FPS just make the groups strung vertically correct?
I'll be getting the 308 reloading stuff this week so I will start in on load development next week. I will be using either RL15 or IMR4895 with 155gr Lapua Scenars. I just ordered a Redding competition seater die as well as the lee deluxe set. What does your load development look like? I’ve thought I would build 3 batches: 1) .020 of the lands 2) .010 off the lands and 3) jammed into the lands. Then in each of those batches how many 5 shot groups with how much range of powder variation?

I'm 90% sure I've got some work to do in the marksman department as well because the groups are not similar in shape or size(depending on the day). I've only been out shooting it 2-3 times with the new rifle. I am much more stable shooting prone and tend to get 1”-1.6" groups with the commercial NATO stuff. Yesterday I was out shooting off a bench with this rifle for the first time. The club's benches have slick concrete surfaces(not textured) and it was causing the bipod to jump(as it jumped it tended to go to the left). I don't normally have a problem with it jumping from any other position so I attributed it to the slick surface.

Would you guys mind looking at the whole scenario and offer me up some advice. Perhaps what you would expect from factory Winchester NATO ammo and what your expectations of group sizes would be going from factory to hand loaded ammunition. Also any shooting drills you like. Do you think the bipod should be still even with a slick surface they are resting on?
And please don’t say find a mentor local or ask the guys at the range. 90% of the time there’s a total of 3 guys at the range, each of us at a different course. Even if they are here most of them are into SASS shooting or skeet. Not very many high powered guys around here….it sucks

Thanks in advanced
-Peter