Second one Savage sent me for review (guess they didn't like my first review too much) is running fine. I've only had two FTF's in 160 rounds and both were a failure to strip a round from the magazine when running some really early CCI 17gr TNT ammo. This one really wants to be a one-holer to at 50-yards, but with most every group I seem to lose the fight with the stock on rounds 4 and 5. The trigger on this one is worse than the first one with a major "hitch" in the pull that makes it almost feel like a 3-stage trigger (blade, hitch, break).

I will say this though - If you're a left-hand shooter and plan on getting one of these, make sure you always wear eye protection when shooting it. On two or three rounds from most every magazine I feel something hit my face just under my right eye. All the cases look good (no bulges or cracks), so no indication of the bolt opening to early. Best guess it's a granule of unburnt powder or something, but whatever it is it's moving fast and you don't want it in your eye.