Thread: My 260 LRP

budmccarroll

My 260 LRP

Hello all. I am new here, just a few post. I am a huge Savage fan. I have a dozen rifles and all but 2 are Savages. I have 3 .260 Rem's, 2 223's, 1 7 Rem Mag and a 6.5x47 that I am building now.

Here is my .260 LRP. Just put a Steiner T5xi 5x25 on it. This dog will hunt.....

Nice!
    Rick_W
    CPO-USN(Ret)
    You don't know what you don't know.

TehCheese

Bipod

Very nice indeed.
    I just picked my .260 LRP up a month ago.
    Added an EGL 20moa rail and a Vortex Viper 50mm in leupold rings.

Question though, what bipod is that you have mounted?
    I've looked at a few Harris style ones, and haven't found one that will sit nicely on a wider/flatter forend, like the HS-precision stock.

Basic Member
    Not judging, but it always gets me when I see a rifle that has been well invested in i.e. LRP $1200 Rifle, Nice 20 MOA Scope Base, American Rifle Company Rings $180, $3000 Scope, and a $30 knock off Harris bipod!

I had a caldwell for a minute because it came with the base rifle I rebuilt, but it flexed under the Varmint barrel I put on it. I'd imagine with legs extended that one does with the heavy barrel too.
    Last edited by LoneWolf; 03-13-2015 at 08:13 AM.

Basic Member
    Hope you didn't take my previous post as a "flame" or anything like that. I just hate to see a gorgeous rifle with an obvious weak link in it's setup.

People can talk up the low end bipods all they want. The "cheapest" bipod I'll put on a rifle is a Harris with Swivel and notched legs. They just plain work and will for a lifetime!

Members who have read this thread in the last 1 days: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.