So it seems that us crazy people doing builds with long actions are pretty limited... (Btw Hi... I'm Tim... Long time lurker, new poster.. yada yada) On a whim I decided to grab a beat up Stevens 200 long action and build a 30-06 target rifle. I've been slacking off the past couple weeks and it looks like my barrel will be here Monday and I am without a stock. Got everything else I need to put it together I think but missing kind of a key component.

Talked to Kevin at Stockade and they're about 6 months out... Don't mind ordering one since they make good stuff but I need something to get me by. It looks like Choate is really the only option out there for an aluminum bedded stock that isn't a full chassis. I've toyed with the idea of another chassis (my 12lrp is in a Mcree at the moment) but I'm not sure if I want to go that route with this one or not.

B&C seems to only make one LA stock that's for hunting rifles...
Boyds doesn't have the bedding block so for my purposes I'm not considering it (yes I know... I can glass bed it)

So am I missing an obvious option? My short actions are much easier to buy for... but why buy a 308 when a 30-06 can do everything it can do but better?