Thread: Monarch 5-20x44 Side Focus Matte BDC

Basic Member

Monarch 5-20x44 Side Focus Matte BDC

Any one out there have one, local store has $100 off and I have a gift card..... not really sold on the BDC. But I basically can get $200 off a $500+ scope might be worth a try unless there are horror stories out there.
    You cant hit it if you dont shoot.

I really like mine a lot. Don't use the bdc if you don't want to, use the turrets. My only complaint is that they are 1/8 clicks.

Basic Member
    Can't go wrong with a Monarch for that price. Great glass, great coatings and very durable. The only complaint I have is the rubber ring on the ocular end came off of mine and I can't seem to locate a replacement.

Nikon's in general are great budget scopes

Basic Member
    Ya pulled the trigger on this....... couldn't walk away from this "budget" scope. Hope to get some weather to actually hit the range soon.
    You cant hit it if you dont shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by IAhunter View Post
    Any one out there have one, local store has $100 off and I have a gift card..... not really sold on the BDC. But I basically can get $200 off a $500+ scope might be worth a try unless there are horror stories out there.
    I've got a 4x12 Monarch on my Mauser 98 chambered in 444 Marlin. I use the BDC and it works well for me. Sighted at 100 yards, with a 300 grain hand load, I can use the ranging circles (bottom most circle) to consistently hit the steel pigs we have set up at 300 yards on the club range.