Quote Originally Posted by anonymous308 View Post
Picked up a Model 11 Trophy Hunter Package before doing my homework. I am not fond of the barrel (would have preferred a heavier barrel). My question is will I see a difference with a Criterion or Shilen prefit Barrel installed? Is it is as simple as plug and play with these barrels?

I am trying to decide if I should ditch the rifle and start from the ground up or work on building what I have. Also does anyone know which action this gun comes with? I know its a short action but it seems like there are two different ones?
A heavier contour can help slow the heating and cooling process and add barrel stiffness, which can be helpful with longer barrels and with extended courses of fire. As to whether you should keep your original barrel, it depends on how your current barrel is performing. If you're getting great results with the original factory rifle, then I couldn't in good conscience recommend upgrading. If you're unhappy with the performance and need something that will offer better performance, then I'd be more than happy to help out. If you're running a .308 we have a number of chamber, length, and contour options available that we can tailor to your particular style of shooting. Feel free to give Jim over at NSS a call for ordering and installation information if you decide to go that route. If you need any technical input I'd be happy to help answer any questions that pop up along the way. You can reach me via email at contact@criterionbarrels.com.

Good luck with your build project!

-Josh