Quote Originally Posted by darkker View Post
The 260 did have exactly that backing from big green, and true to form they showed how to screw-up a wet dream...
Naturally one should wonder why us Merricans downloaded pressures in the Swede, when the rest of the world does not. The highly over-priced, sorry, REVERED Lapua support is there too.

This truly is a "which sock do you put on first" deal. I never cared for the 30-06 for developing loads, always found it fickle compared to my 308. MZ5 has the exact opposite experience.

I really wouldn't call this the same kind of support as Remington gave us a 700 option and a model 7 option and factory ammo loaded with a Core Lockt which is far from anything to maximize the potential of the caliber. The creed got immediate backing from Ruger and Savage in chambering for multiple styles of rifles and Hornady made available match grade quality ammo to go along with it which allowed the Creed shine. The creed was designed to better fit a standard mag length for semi autos by sacrificing a little bit of case length and capacity. Loading a .260 to mag length by seating the bullet a little deeper accomplishes the same thing and achieves identical performance. I have nothing against the creedmoor at all as I love just about any 6.5 cartridge but I feel like it was invented to solve a problem that didn't really exist. As far as brass availability goes actual .260 stuff may be a bit hard to find at times but high quality .308 or .243 stuff is pretty easy.