Just want to give everyone an update on this...

Received the gun back from Savage today. Can't say that I'm too happy. They sent it back with paperwork stating there is nothing wrong with it.

At 100 yards, they were able to achieve 1.2" groupings. I was able to do this as well, but with ELEVATION MAXED OUT, and my groupings were 1 inch low! This is the reason I sent it in. I even specified on the paper I sent in that the main problem is it shoots consistently 1" low at 100 yards with elevation maxed out on 2 different scopes. I did not want to shoot 1" low at 100 yards with elevation maxed out. I shouldn't have to. A new gun should perform better than this, and the cross hairs should sit much closer to optical center. What if I want to shoot at 200 or 300 yards?

So I just ordered a 20 MOA Picatinny rail, and a set of Leupold PRW rings for it. I really should not have to do this since I do not shoot 600+ yard shots, but since Savage didn't bother to delve deeper into the issue, I have no other choice. Really disappointing honestly. I now have about $1000 invested (including cost of gun) into this ordeal, when realistically, the gun should have worked correctly out of the box at $400.

I had a lot of faith in Savage and their warranty after reading many good experiences. Unfortunately, I can't say the same.