Quote Originally Posted by jpdown View Post
I like your choice. Glad to see your not being lured by the marketing hype saying you need a large objective "telescope" on top a hunting rifle to shoot deer size game.

IMO, the Leupold VX-3 and even the VX-2 model released several years ago have much better optic quality when compare to the Leupold VX-III and VX-II generation. I've never owned a VX-3 1.75-6, but the VX-3 2.5-8x36 and VX-2-7x33 CDS are my two favorite compact rifle scopes. They are also two of the lightest hunting scopes available today. And when compared side-by-side with a Bushnell, I believe you will find the Leupold has better eye relief and a more forgiving eye box. I have never found reticle contrast to be an issue during legal hunting hours with either a Bushnell scope or Leupold VX-3 and VX-2. And should you ever need it, warranty service and resale value are better with the Leupold in my experience. I also prefer the Leupold Alumina threaded and flip-up scope caps over the plastic slip-on type scope caps.
have u used a 1.75 to 6 up to 500 yards? I can't choose between this scope and the vx6 2x12 the vx6 seems to have almost the same field of view on the low end and a better high end but I'm paying double for the scope so if 12 on the high end isent needed I would save my self 600$ and 8oz. And I have had problem on reticle contrast on moose since arround here they are really dark coloured basicly black and u loose the crosshairs when it starts getting dark