So I may have screwed up for the time being. I have a model 12 thumbhole varminter that I'm having a hard time getting a good cheek weld while shooting prone. My thought was to get a rail and medium Burris Z rings. I ended up ordering the 20 MOA rail because 1. That was the only one in stock and 2. I plan on building this action or another Model 12 into a Tactical/long range shooter.

So anyway I'm not sure what Burris Z ring will fit this rail. My fear is that I won't have enough adjustment on my scope. Right now I have a OLD Nikon 6.5x20 but it will be scrapped soon as I'm not liking it anymore. I might just put it back on my 17HMR. The rifle is now chambered in 204 Ruger and I'm shooting between 40 and 250 yards. Mostly gophers seeing that I've got THOUSANDS withing 5 minutes from my house. Once I get the rifle and MYSELF more dialed then I want to try nailing out to 400 yards or so.

Do I just need to set this rail on the shelf and go order the 0 MOA rail? If i can use the Burris Signature Z rings with the correct inserts to bring it back to 0 MOA I think that would be the best route. I just don't know which mounts I need and do I need to buy the inserts separate?

Thanks much!

PS Any input regarding the cheek weld and prone shooting would be much appreciated!!