Thread: Firing pin retainer for 1907

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Make sure first.

Pull the bolt out, when you pull the hammer back manually keep your eyes on the back side of the sear trip you can see the firing pin sliding away from it, when the firing pin is far enough back it will stop and catch on the backside of the sear trip and when you let go of the hammer it should stay cocked, if it doesn't I'd say either the backside of the sear trip is rounded off and not holding the firing pin or the groove in the firing pin that grabs the sear trip is worn. Pretty much all the retainer does is hold the firing pin in place, shouldn't cause the gun to release the firing pin, that would be the sear trips fault.

Sorry, I should just be calling it the sear, I just use trip because that's pretty much what it does is releases the firing pin.
    Savage- "never say never".

MARKO65
    Mad Dog

This little pistol is trying my patience......i disassembled it this morning no problems. Now i went to do it again and to see if a spring from one of my other model 1907's would make a difference....when i pull the slide back all the way and then try and engage the safety to pull the plug out. Well the safety won't move when the slide is back WTF .