Hey guys,

I just got my new barreled action back from SSS, and put my rifle together. Shoots great, but I'm having trouble with the Accutrigger.

I was hoping for a pull weight below 2 pounds. The trouble is when I turn it down (with the little Accutrigger "pin wrench") to anywhere less than 2 pounds pull, the trigger trips when I close the bolt. At about two pounds it won't "self trip" if I close the bolt gently. The lower it goes the more easily it trips, all the way until it is impossible to close the bolt without tripping the trigger. I found a happy medium before going to the range yesterday, and it worked fine for about half of the shooting. Then, halfway through, no matter how carefully I closed the bolt, the trigger tripped. Increasing the pull weight solved the problem, but now I'm back to a 2-3 pound trigger pull!

I have the "hunting" version Accutrigger in my long action Savage hunting rifle, and turned all the way down it goes to about 2 pounds, which is fine. Judging by the fact that there is still a lot of adjustment left below 2 pounds, I believe the trigger I'm having trouble with is the Varmint Accutrigger. I actually really like the feel of the Accutrigger, but is there anything I can do short of replacing it? Anything else that might be out of adjustment or need some TLC?

Thanks!