Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tracking Point, 12 y/o girl, 1000yds, one shot, one hit.

Basic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Twinsen View Post
    I don't know. But if you were that close and gut shot it, at least you could follow it up with a kill shot and not have the thing die 3 days and 10 miles later from having its own **** in its bloodsteam. Personally, I've only taken one game animal with a rifle. One shot went lung-heart-lung, and the second shot went spine-brain-jaw. Total time from guaranteed kill shot to complete blackness was 3-4 seconds.
    Well congratulations on your first kill. I suggest you read the first 3 words of your own statement here. Because had you known, the second shot wouldnt have been necessary would it?
    Be prepared because your next one just might not go as well. I can show you a few very nice racks of bucks ive killed that were crippled before i ever shot at them.
    One in particular after having been traveling several days and several miles after being hit high thru the ribs with an 06. I''ll even introduce you to the very good hunter who originaly hit him and who was still attempting to catch up with him when i finished him.
    Have you ever watched from almost a mile as some guy dropped a buck like a sack of rocks and have it slide down a steep hill in the snow and never even kick? And then run after the few other deer with it that ran when he shot? Well i have, and i'll tell you what, if we didnt go get the thing after the guy walked away it would have been like many others guys like that shoot, COYOTE FOOD.
    We even renamed that location to stupid bush hunter hill.
    Where are we going today? I dont know, maybe that stupid bush hunter will be back, lets go there. lol
    We all have enough fingers to point in lots of directions including our own.

Twinsen
    I didn't want to track it or have it suffer. I thought it was a solid plan.

Basic Member
    Personally, whenever possible, I try to mortally wound them "just enough" to let them get just about as far as the truck, assuming they are heading towards the road when I shoot them!

Twinsen
    Expert level.

Basic Member
    The man not only has a B S degree, but also a P H degree. Lots of those around the hunting fraternity. lol.

Basic Member
    What's a P H degree?

wait... does that have something to do with urine?

Basic Member

Smile

Well one could argue that its essentually the same as a P H D.
    One just piles it higher (P H), and the other both higher and deeper (P H D). But as stated, for all practicle purposes their the same.
    Im proud to say i have honerary degrees in both. Like many others today ive never actually earned much of anything.
    But i can pass a common piss test.

Basic Member
    Man…..I am SO sorry I posted this item about the Tracking Point technology, I do apologize for all the commotion that has come from it……or maybe it was the title to my posting…….12 y/o girl……….OH CRAP!

I done went and pushed a lot of buttons with that reference, didn't I?

Sorry…..so very sorry guys

Basic Member
    ^^^^^^ Don't be!

When I first saw that thing all these arguments for and against it went running through my head big time. and I mean ALL the arguments. It's not so much about the scope as the application of the scope. Like all tools of any trade, what matters is how you use them.

I think this has been a great thread. Yes, it got side-tracked (maybe even hi-jacked) but it's all good, as far as I am concerned.

My apologies to you, Tex, if I contributed to de-railing your thread or running down the technology.
    Last edited by foxx; 02-06-2015 at 12:20 AM.

Twinsen
    I think if a little girl can get good first hits with the tech, then it makes her better than me at these distances. And I'm fine with guys taking 2000 yard shots on game if they can make them and the bullet can perform. I was just saying these guys on video mostly can't. I can't. I think my ammo limits me to 4 or 500 yards. And my shooting limits me to just beyond that.

Tex, I apologize for this getting so off track, didn't realize my comment would get some so fired up. I would still rather see some one using this than to fling a bullet hoping to get close. It is not for me but hey, it may help others make clean kills. I have shot game animals out past 1200 yards but only after some one else crippled them. I shoot out to 1500 on a very regular basis and am confident in my data and equipment that when I dial up for a yardage I will hit. That gets iffy for me out past 1200 as the wind gets tougher with time of flight. If I didn't like shooting so much I might would try one of those, just looks like it would take all the fun out of it for me.

Again, I apologize for getting this off track.
    More shooting, less typing.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Twinsen View Post
    I think if a little girl can get good first hits with the tech, then it makes her better than me at these distances. And I'm fine with guys taking 2000 yard shots on game if they can make them and the bullet can perform. I was just saying these guys on video mostly can't. I can't. I think my ammo limits me to 4 or 500 yards. And my shooting limits me to just beyond that.
    Well frankly im not fine with 2000 yd shots on game Twinsen. We can easily build guns capable of those distances and more.
    But frankly we run out of other things before we get there. Shooting for fun at rock ledges or other targets is one thing.
    But live targets pose a different challenge. Seeing a puff of dust from a hit on a rock is easily done with good optics.
    But seeing hits on an animal at distances much less than that is not. Especially under the types of conditions often present
    during hunting seasons.
    As for the girl, she was chosen for one reason. That being her ability to shoot.
    A 12 year old boy could be taught to do the same and so could you much easier than you might think.
    We might not have seen the entire video either. Maybe just the part they wanted us to see?
    Time will tell, we will either be hearing alot more or nothing more.

Basic Member
    I see you can buy it for $19,000 and it is guaranteed for 30 days! I think I'll stick with my Razor, It has a better warranty! When I first seen these I think they were asking something like 27,000? Also I still think wind call is manual, plus 500 yards, by todays standards, is diffidently not a long range shot.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12