Thread: Reloading Guru's who loads .454 Casull

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I finally got around to loading and shooting some .454 today. Well I loaded two mornings ago. First loading pistol and rifle is like apples and oranges both might be fruit but similarities stop there. I took my time reading the book over and over each step. but I finally got 10 rounds loaded with the min charge of H110. I took them out today and they worked great. Crimp on the Lee die is very nice. I put an round in next to the round being fired to measure creep no creep. Then I loaded a full cylinder and slowly fired each cylinder except the last. I unloaded and measured the last round and it also had no creep so I was happy. as far as accuracy I don't know I was test firing into the creek shooting at lilly pads from about 12 ft away (just a gues but its my guess). All rounds hit the pads were I was aiming so I assume they are going to fly pretty well when I get to the range.
    [QUOTE=fgw_in_fla;256183]We told you so...[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by tufrthnails View Post
    I finally got around to loading and shooting some .454 today. Well I loaded two mornings ago. First loading pistol and rifle is like apples and oranges both might be fruit but similarities stop there. I took my time reading the book over and over each step. but I finally got 10 rounds loaded with the min charge of H110. I took them out today and they worked great. Crimp on the Lee die is very nice. I put an round in next to the round being fired to measure creep no creep. Then I loaded a full cylinder and slowly fired each cylinder except the last. I unloaded and measured the last round and it also had no creep so I was happy. as far as accuracy I don't know I was test firing into the creek shooting at lilly pads from about 12 ft away (just a gues but its my guess). All rounds hit the pads were I was aiming so I assume they are going to fly pretty well when I get to the range.
    What weight of bullet did you decide on?
    Life is tuff.....its even tuffer when your stupid
    {John Wayne}

You know you may be on to something, I think I may just run a max load and top it off with cream of wheat, and just Singe everything and not have to deal with recoil.LOL

Dean
    RUMs are like woman in Stiletto heals, you know they are going to put you in the poor house, but that has never stopped anyone from pursuing them.