Thread: Death of the Savage 110 Used & Take-off Parts Market

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Basic Member
    For me locally, I'm not seeing the $250 pawn shop 110 anymore that provided those parts to sell. I see guys here still scoring them but, I'm not finding them (locally) anymore.

I'm still seeing that same $250 pawn shop 110 but.......it's got a $400 price tag on it now. At that price, I'm better of stripping a new one.

Maybe it'll just still take a little more time for used prices to come back down.

Basic Member
    Right where I Always Need To Be. Usually...
    Quote Originally Posted by shovelheadave View Post
    For me locally, I'm not seeing the $250 pawn shop 110 anymore that provided those parts to sell. I see guys here still scoring them but, I'm not finding them (locally) anymore.

I'm still seeing that same $250 pawn shop 110 but.......it's got a $400 price tag on it now. At that price, I'm better of stripping a new one.

Maybe it'll just still take a little more time for used prices to come back down.
    Same down here, Dave. Every Savage I own came from a pawn shop and the most I paid was $200 for a 110. I even scored my first 25.06 Axis from a pawn shop for $175 - out the door. I have a Stevens 200 I bought 5-6 years ago from a gun shop that was new. The only rifle I bought new, in fact.

Now when I go "pawn shopping" I see rack of rifles that have been there a while. Mostly junk. Lots of good deals on pistols, but no good rifle deals.

As Jim mentioned, the classifieds used to be a gold mine of goodies for us barrel swappin' guys. Especially around the holidays. Lots of great deals. It was kinda disappointing this year not seeing the usual goodies for offer.

Even for myself, as much of a cheap A55 that I am, I've considered buying new barrels & rifles for parts.
    Notice I said "considered"...

Maybe those once great deals will come back.
    Someday.
    'Scuse me while I whip this out...!