Quote Originally Posted by tarheellin View Post
Thanks for the response Sharp Shooter. And, I resemble yobuck's statement. I'm one of those guys that uses the terms in a "liberal" manner; nothing anywhere near as specific as your understanding and application of the terms... If it's past the chamber and a third of the way down the barrel, that's probably the "throat" area to me. :-0) :-0)

As you describe, I'm likely dealing with the "soot" stage of residue, not hard carbon... Don't shoot them hot, try not to shoot a long string before cleaning. But, I do wish to preclude getting to the "hard carbon" problems.

That's why I asked about what to use to get the carbon out thinking that if I use something aggressive enough to remove carbon, I'll be more efficient at removing the fouling I have, spend less time cleaning, more time shooting.

Thanks, again, for the response and the products that are mentioned.
With all that said you might want to do a little research on HBN bullet and barrel coating...pretty interesting...im getting ready to start running HBN coated bullets just to see if what ive read and heard is true....i plan to start this weekend and will start a thread when i do.