Thread: Beware: 10FCP-SR has been changed

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by swadiver View Post
    well, i bit the bullet and ordered a XLR Element chassis for my FCP-SR. i just could never get comfortable and fitted to the stock Accustock when used off the bench with front and rear rests. I have read nothing but good things about XLR industries chassis systems, so i have i hopes for this one

Finally got My XLR Element Chassis for my Model 10 FCP-SR. this thing is awesome. i never could get comfortable and fitted to the Accustock for bench rest shooting (my primary activity with this weapon). the chassis is very adjustable and it's easy to get it into the same position for every shot. the 10 is shooting very well after some headaches ie, the EGW HD scope rail kept coming loose (the two front screws) even after being blue loctited twice. i red loctited that sucker on and now it's fine. also my Millet scope rings were allowing some movement of the scope despite being torqued to spec ?????!!!!!!, so i added the Vortex matched precision set of rings and now that is fine as well.

the gun shoots better than me. getting into hand loading, and now i have seen some .33 to .50 inch 5 shot groups at 100 yards. i even have had a couple of .25 inch 4 shot groups as well. usually i average around .66 to .75 inch groups, all with 168 gr Sierra Matchkings or 168 gr Hornady Amax loads. still working on load development for both rounds, though.

i really like this weapon. paid $625 upfront for the rifle and the XLR chassis added another $750 or so. highly recommend the XLR. the chassis came in under three weeks and they are great to deal with. fit and finish is very nice.

Last edited by swadiver; 06-30-2015 at 08:15 AM.

scmp
    Quote Originally Posted by swadiver View Post
    Finally got My XLR Element Chassis for my Model 10 FCP-SR. this thing is awesome. i never could get comfortable and fitted to the Accustock for bench rest shooting (my primary activity with this weapon). the chassis is very adjustable and it's easy to get it into the same position for every shot. the 10 is shooting very well after some headaches ie, the EGW HD scope rail kept coming loose (the two front screws) even after being blue loctited twice. i red loctited that sucker on and now it's fine. also my Millet scope rings were allowing some movement of the scope despite being torqued to spec ?????!!!!!!, so i added the Vortex matched precision set of rings and now that is fine as well.

the gun shoots better than me. getting into hand loading, and now i have seen some .33 to .50 inch 5 shot groups at 100 yards. i even have had a couple of .25 inch 4 shot groups as well. usually i average around .66 to .75 inch groups, all with 168 gr Sierra Matchkings or 168 gr Hornady Amax loads. still working on load development for both rounds, though.

i really like this weapon. paid $625 upfront for the rifle and the XLR chassis added another $750 or so. highly recommend the XLR. the chassis came in under three weeks and they are great to deal with. fit and finish is very nice.

I really like this setup. Can you please tell me what muzzle brake is installed and how do you like it? It appears to fit the barrel profile just right. What model is it, 20" or 24" barrel?

Thank you
    Last edited by scmp; 09-02-2015 at 08:57 AM.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scmp View Post
    I really like this setup. Can you please tell me what muzzle brake is installed and how do you like it? It appears to fit the barrel profile just right. What model is it, 20" or 24" barrel?

Thank you
    This is a 24" barrel. the muzzle brake is a Midwest Industries 5/8-24 threaded one. It is doing it's job of recoil reduction just fine. you can get this brake direct from Midwest Industries. I think it is still only $30

Basic Member

my fcp-sr magazine

My experience has been different from what's posted in this thread :
    I recently purchased a savage 10 fcp-sr , 24 inch barrel, accustock.
    The magazine that came with the gun feeds 10 rounds no problem, locks into place, no rattles. The 10th round sit a bit high in the mag but doesn't budge.
    There is one interesting problem: If the bolt is closed while you insert the magazine(doesn't matter how many rounds are in the mag), only the first round will feed when you rock the bolt; the bolt will go over the following rounds unless you remove the mag and put it back. When i say"put it back'', i literally mean just remove the mag and put it right away without a need to jerk it or hit it.