Thread: Beware: 10FCP-SR has been changed

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    TheBest
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDave View Post
    Sorry. I refused to buy this cheapened version of the original 10 FCP-SR. It took me a while, but I finally found a 2013 model online NIB for $800. I just got it. I looked it over with a magnifying glass. She's is "as advertised." No signs of having a single round fired after it was tested and shipped from the factory.

It has a gorgeous Accurate Mag 10 round magazine and an AM bottom metal. The threads on the barrel muzzle are precision machined. I will post my unboxing review/impressions in this sub forum. Look for it.
    Watch out for this defect! http://www.savageshooters.com/showth...ge-Vs-P-A-Help!!!

BigDave
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBest View Post
    Ah! Thank you. Quite an interesting and informative thread. I did not know about this! And I have the same H series (2012/2013) the thread starter has. I have heard several issues about poor threads on the 2015 version too. Defects are not endemic to any one model. Its the chance we take for buying production rifles vs a high dollar hand made version. One good thing is that my threads seem exceptionally well cut. The thread protector lines up 100% perfectly with the barrel. I dont think I need a gunsmith just yet. I will CAREFULLY check the alignment with the GRIZZLY muzzle break I intend to buy for my rifle. Fingers crossed.I will make good use of your warning. Thanks again.

Guys, please read my unboxing and initial impressions of my 2012/2013 never fired 10 FCP-SR in the 110 section (this sub forum/section)
    http://www.savageshooters.com/showth...-NIB-10-FCP-SR