This is my first post. If i say something out of the way dont kick me off, just tell me.

Hey fellows I am a new member just from researching my problems with the 2 fcp-sr I just bought today at Cabelas.

I am very disappointed in savage and in cabelas for this bait and switch type tactics. I looked it up on the savage website and it all looked awesome. I did a review search and they all showed the older version of the fcp-sr and they all were good. I read several reviews from i am guessing paid people to review guns. I called Cabelas and they ordered me two new fcp-sr's in from other stores. I did not look the gun up on their website, because I didnt think it would be any different than what I read on the savage website.

I left cabelas i was happy. I thought I had just bought a quality product at a decent price. 2 for under $1200. I thought I had done good and I was gonna give one to a guy that works for me as a gift and we were gonna have a blast building us two awesome shooting machines. He works so hard for me I was gonna pay for the rifle and nightforce scope and a couple of supressors. we are gonna do a complete build of a couple good medium range guns. Just to say thanks to the guy for all he has done for me and my business. All good intentions and I am still happy at this point

The first thing I noticed when I got home was the stock was real flimsy. I thought man this accustock aint much. So I started looking for aftermarket stocks that we could build our guns with. Never found one they all said it wouldnt work with this magazine. I thought that was wierd.

I was still looking and ran across this thread.

As I have recently learned from this thread I have been screwed I think. So far I have learned I do not have a good stock, and because of the magazine and the recoil lugs, I can not get one. I have an inferior magazine that there seems to not be a fix for.
So what can I do now. I liked the platform and I still do. I would like to complete these builds on these 2 guns I just bought.

So fellows what can I do now? I dont want to give a inferior gun as a gift to my best employee. What can I do to fix these issues? I dont have time to read all the internet because I run 3 business's and I dont know who to call to get the right magazines and bottom metal to make them work and I dont know where to get a good aftermarket stock to drop this gun into that will work with whatever magazine and bottom metal it takes to make it work.

Can someone help me with this please. I do not know what to do.

Note to savage and cabelas:
I have a whole new outlook on cabelas and on savage as companies. There is no excuse for savage selling a product that is different than on their website. Had I have done extensive research I could have saw on cabelas website that I was not buying what I saw on the savage website but I am a busy man. I run my business's ethically and I would never put one of my customers in a situation where they would have a feeling like I have right now about two seemingly good companies. I am not bad mouthing either of your companies, just a real customer review from one CEO to another. I know your bottom line is important, I know how a profit margin looks when you cut cost. I also know that you would have made a lot more money off me if I had of gotten what I thought I was getting. I cant really say bait and switch because cabelas updated their website before I made my purchase. But dealing with two seemingly respectful brands. I didnt think I had to research either of you like you were a bunch of crooks.

God says I am supposed to forgive you and I do, I wish both of you the best. I hope you learn from your mistakes and grow stronger in your jobs and your ethics. Getting screwed out of $1200 will not ruin my life, matter of fact it will not even noticed out of my pocket. God doesnt say that I ever have to do business with either of you again. Matter of fact, I probally owe you a thank you, I would have given both of you eight or ten thousand dollars over the next year or so. I think you have saved me more than the $1200 I just lost. Never as a ceo or as a consumer or a man have I ever been let down on the number of levels that you both have made me feel rt now about eithr of your business's or your ethics. I am very saddened with this experience and you may have got me this time. But lets not forget, I have what you want. Your whole business plan is to get money off of me and I can tell you, that will be almost impossible after today.

If either of you want to call me, or write me or meet me in a dark parking lot in the middle of the night ill give you my contact information.

John Salyer

264 robin circle
Bristol Va 24202

1-276-971-6041