Thread: Beware: 10FCP-SR has been changed

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Basic Member
    I have a range update -

I went out with the new magazine and put 80 rounds through the rifle. I shot mostly steel with cheap 147 ball ammo, but also put some on paper also. The 147 NATO stuff was 1.5-2" groups, but not too bad. I put 20 rounds of Australian Outback through it at the end of the day, but didn't manage to shoot better than 1". Might just be fouling from the previous rounds and me shooting poorly.

The replacement magazine did not come out under recoil, so that's a good thing. I think the first one may have just been too far out of spec. I still got one double feed with a full mag, but I only loaded it to 10 three times. I just don't think that they can reliably run 10 rounds.

Twinsen
    I've got about as much ammo through mine as the rifle cost. I still haven't figured out how to get MOA out of her.

But in good news, I cleaned the bore of my MVP and the accuracy returned. The first 20 shots all were under half in groups and it was hilarious. Every once in a while you luck out and that 1 MOA gun puts up silly little groups.

My 110 in 338 LM gave me 0.96 and 0.97 with a powder change. I have 199 rounds through her and will begin tweaking the load by first loading longer and then fine tuning the charge. I just did the math on what it would cost to buy 200 rounds and chuckled.

my rifle loves Portuguese ammo … MOA or less when i do my part . Hey Twinsen , my MVP varmint 223 , is insanely accurate and thats with wolf gold believe or not .

Twinsen
    Same ammo here. I did well in a high power competition using it. I found out after I would have been kicked out for using 55gr if they had known.