Thread: Beware: 10FCP-SR has been changed

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Twinsen
    Quote Originally Posted by acridsaint View Post
    Hey Twinsen. I will probably end up replacing it with AICS compatible metal, but I felt burned by it because the magazine factored into my purchase. I was thinking "Wow, what an incredible deal on a rifle that already comes with AI style metal and mag". I think that it was a little underhanded of Savage to do that.
    I was very angry at first as well. Now I feel I have paid a fair price for a rifle. I was buying a $650 Savage I figured would be on par with a FN PBR at $6-700. Turns out it required $950 to get to a rifle I think is only a notch or two below that $6-700 FN. So I only got a little boned out of a few hundred dollars, but I learned to check Savage model numbers and to not do business with Grabagun ever.

When dealing with gun retailers and manufacturers, you can't be hasty. Take a step back, think about how they might be trying to pull a fast one. Because you can be sure that they are trying to.

Basic Member
    Totally agree with your advice, Twinsen. It's not the end of the world, I just surely don't see the changes as upgrades.