Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
Have you ever talked to Neil? He used a 460 Weatherby case necked up to .50 Cal to create ELE on a Target Action pistol. Check it out on You Tube.
Neil runs ELE at pretty modest pressures, and I believe he was still seeing some lug set back.

The 338 Lapua case is pretty bland in it's factory form. Plus I already have a 338 Edge switch barrel (with 270 RUM/7mm RUM barrels) built by Jim Borden on one of his BRM actions That particular barrel will move the 300gr Bergers at 3050 fps. There aren't a lot of 338's out there that will beat that regardless of case! Once the Lapuas shoulder has been pushed forward and the case blown out, it will meet or beat an improved RUM case. My biggest concern was the additional bolt thrust from the larger case head.

I'm fine with buying another custom action to work with, but I'm super cheap! Plus my target actions which have been T&T'd by SSS are just as smooth as my Borden BRM action but for half the cost! The more I look at the CheyTac cases I have sitting on my work bench, the more I think I just need to move up to those. It's that or start working with the 416 Barrett case!

Andrew