Thread: Post your bedding jobs

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Basic Member
    [QUOTE= set the third pillar 0.070 higher than the bedding block....[/QUOTE]

I'm not familiar with the target action. Would you please explain setting the 3rd pillar higher? Is that to make up for the quarter inch you ground off the aluminum block?
    Thanks

LongRange
    Quote Originally Posted by hnts4fun View Post
    I'm not familiar with the target action. Would you please explain setting the 3rd pillar higher? Is that to make up for the quarter inch you ground off the aluminum block?
    Thanks
    no i set the third pillar at 0.070 higher to get a nice thick coat of devcon in between the action and the bedding block...the action set low in the stock to begin with so moving the action up set the ejection port even with the stock...i ground a 1/4" off the front of the alum block because 1 my lug was only making contact with the alum block on the right side and contact was about the size of a pencil and 2 i wanted a a very thick coat of devcon at the lug. i REALLY like the stock(bell carlson A-5)but to be honest they are a mas production stock and not very well built...or at least mine wasnt.

kind of a crappy pic but before bedding the gas hole(front of action at barrel) use to be about a 1/4 of the hole below the edge of the stock...

Last edited by LongRange; 01-03-2015 at 05:04 PM.