Thread: SAV-1 and my 110

Basic Member

SAV-1 and my 110

So my lovely wife gave me a trigger for my hunting rifle, gawd love her. And I went to drop in the "drop-in" trigger and my rifle doesn't have the e-clip retainer for the pivot pin. It is instead a rivoted in part. Can this be changed for a factory part or how should I continue? Thanks and merry Christmas all.

Basic Member
    Good trigger, pics may help.

Basic Member
    Are you sure it's a rivet?
    I'm thinking it should be just a pin, (pushes out with a finger).

Basic Member
    Maybe, should I be able to drift it one way or the other? It sorta looks brassy if that helps. I don't know how to do pictures from my phone.

Basic Member
    I think you should wait for someone else to chime in.

Basic Member
    I can't say I've ever seen one riveted in, they've all had a pin with a snap ring groove on one end, a head on the other.

Older triggers used a set screw through the back of the trigger to hold the pin in as seen here in the 1st gen action (center).

Was the rifle bought used ????

Bill
    Each morning eat a live green toad, it will be the worst thing you'll have face all day.

Basic Member
    That is more what it looks like with the set screw. It was bought used and has an older serial on it. I think it starts with an A.

Basic Member
    However it is long action running 30-06. Weird, maybe one of Savages "last of the parts bins" rifles? It is a model E. Should I try to get a replacement e clip type pin or what to swap in the new trigger? Would a tension pin work?

Basic Member
    There looks to be a bit of geometry difference in the Sears and stuff from 1st gen LA and SA.

Basic Member
    Should I try to get a replacement e clip type pin or what to swap in the new trigger?
    I ran out to the shop and measured both pins, old and new. The old one measured .1385" dia, the new one, .1301". The lengths are the same, OAL of the old vs the inside of the head to the inside of snap ring of the new one so the new style will work.

Seeing that I have a few spares, if you shoot me a PM I'll fix you up with one to try.

Bill
    Each morning eat a live green toad, it will be the worst thing you'll have face all day.

Basic Member
    That's mighty nice of you Bill, PM sent. If I can return the favor one day, I will.

Brandon

Basic Member
    I got it in the mail just the other day, thanks again Bill. I will post some comparisons once I get the rifle apart and parts swapped.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 2scars View Post
    I got it in the mail just the other day, thanks again Bill. I will post some comparisons once I get the rifle apart and parts swapped.
    Glad to help, I hope it solves the problem!