Quote Originally Posted by LongRange View Post
NO it will not destroy the value of your rem action...rem actions are actually cheaper than savage actions and pinning the lug..IMHO..would add value to the 700 action as there are a LOT MORE do it your selfers out there then send it into in to head spacers.

now as far as bedding an alum block...ive done a few as i can guarantee you the blocks are FAR from perfect(or what they say they are)heres a few pics of my bell carlson A-5 i bedded by rasing the action .070 off the alum block...and if your riffle is used as a target riffle DO NOT bed past the lug as it will cause you problems i dont care what ppl say...once the barrel heats up it WILL change your POI if you bed past the lug...in a hunting riffle bed the first 2"...in a target riffle just to the back of the lug.

i took almost a 1/4" out of the recoil lug area here to get a solid bedding...

i know your not bedding a single shot but you can see i drilled the alum block to hold the bedding...

finished bedding...
I disagree about the Remington statement. You can get 500 plus for a used remington 700 especially for someone looking to build a custom long range action with a gunssmith. People who buy used Remingtons buy them to either hunt with as is or to build a expensive rifle...Neither of which would want a notch ground in their action. Only people like you me and other remage users would know the value of it. Just my opinion of course.