Quote Originally Posted by Bigeclipse View Post
I disagree about the Remington statement. You can get 500 plus for a used remington 700 especially for someone looking to build a custom long range action with a gunssmith. People who buy used Remingtons buy them to either hunt with as is or to build a expensive rifle...Neither of which would want a notch ground in their action. Only people like you me and other remage users would know the value of it. Just my opinion of course.

Yes that is very true...i was looking at it as more of a do it your selfer...but personally i would not pay $500 plus for a used remmy action unless it had all the work done to it...and not because they are not worth it but because you can buy a brand new remmy action from bruno shooter supply for $499. my next build is going to be on a remmy action or shilen action and ill most likely go with the shilen as its threaded for savage barrels with a floating bolt head and uses the 700 foot print which is much easier to get high end stocks for...ive just about got the money saved up for the action now but still undesided.