Quote Originally Posted by gsperaz View Post
From another forum........not just me, see post below.

now the good news is that hornady is making wsm ammo, hornady / cci of course, and what better opportunity to capitalize on a market of 99% savage bmags. they have the answer.

when a shell ignites you have to consider the ignition rate. Winchesters wsm ignition predated savages bmag barrel. hornady's wont - they'll dominate the market. the ignition of the shell can be, how do I put this without a picture, multiphased or bimodal distributed. it happens so fast a bimodal ignition wont matter, except for that frequency. tingggg. their ammo will cancel out that standing wave. hornady is positioned to dominate the wsm market, until Winchester weighs their lost revenue against redevelopment of their wsm powder ignition rates.

its all a cleverly played game of chess. hornady/cci always had a solution, but to introduce it too early would shorten the grievances of Winchester customers. holding back a few yearly quarters on the solution ammo promotes deep brand recognition benefiting hornady, not just for the wsm but other calipers as well.

think about it. what company dominates 17 caliper rimfire ammo? hornady/cci with the hmr. they rule the 17 caliper research and development. check mate.

Not arguing your point but I have 3 different 17hmr's and they all shoot their best with Remington ammo, not Hornady.