Thread: Model 10 MLSS-II Let Me Down Again!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    epanzella
    1. Make sure your flash channel & vent liner are cleared of carbon.
    2. Make sure your bullet/sabot combination fits the bore tightly. Too loose a fit will cause cold weather misfires.
    3. Check your fired primers. If there's black running up the sides they're not sealing against the plug well enough and some of the fire is leaking away.

Both my sons use n110 and W209 primers in their Savages with no cold weather issues.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by epanzella View Post
    1. Make sure your flash channel & vent liner are cleared of carbon.
    2. Make sure your bullet/sabot combination fits the bore tightly. Too loose a fit will cause cold weather misfires.
    3. Check your fired primers. If there's black running up the sides they're not sealing against the plug well enough and some of the fire is leaking away.

Both my sons use n110 and W209 primers in their Savages with no cold weather issues.
    Ive just begun to investigate MLs. I don't understand what a tighter sabot would have to do w/ the powder lighting?? or I guess I really don't understand.

Now I have looked on Savages site and have not seen the MLII listed but just read -discontinued.. I guess I just stick w/ the 30-06.

rpe290
    Quote Originally Posted by langenc View Post
    Ive just begun to investigate MLs. I don't understand what a tighter sabot would have to do w/ the powder lighting?? or I guess I really don't understand.

Now I have looked on Savages site and have not seen the MLII listed but just read -discontinued.. I guess I just stick w/ the 30-06.
    Smokeless powder needs backpressure to work correctly...

I love my ML-II but mostly because IL forces you to use shotgun/ML only--I would use a good centerfire if I could :)

I use N110 and SST 250 gr--book load data says about 1900 fps.