Hey, I have a question about two of Bushnell's Elite Tactical scopes. I am trying to decide which of the two is the better scope, the ERS or XRS?

Long story short, I ended up buying the XRS over the weekend because I didn't want to miss out on the great Black Friday deals.

I did a ton of last minute research trying to pick the nicest one within my budget. Originally I was trying to decide between an SWFA 5-20 HD or a Gen 1 Vortex Razor. The search I did led me to the Bushnell DRM, and then finally to the ERS and XRS.

I decided to purchase the XRS due to the extra maginification. This will be mounted on a Savage 10PC in 308. I'm sure this is a bit overkill. I know the ERS 3.5-21 would be plenty suitable for shooting between 100-1000 yards. I decided on the XRS 4.5-30 in hopes that it will help me see holes in my targets at further distances, and also used to spot my friends when they are shooting steel out to 1000 yards.

Did I make the right decision with this purchase? Does anyone have any experience with these scopes or the difference in the quality of glass between the two? It appears that the ERS will remain on sale at Libertyoptics until December 31st, so I still have plenty of time to exchange the XRS if need be.