I have a Savage .223 Trophy Hunter that I bought new last year. It came with a Nikon BDC 3x9 power scope that I changed out for a Burris C4 4.5x14 scope. I have put all kinds of ammo through this rifle, including Winchester and Hornady Match ammo. Several friends even have given me their best handloads to try. The rifle has a 1-9 twist and I've put a few hundred round through it. The best group I've gotten so far is a 1 inch group at 100 yards with 40 gr ballistic tips. 50, 55, 60, 60, 75 gr all give me 2 to 3 inch groups. another shooter got the same results so I'm reasonable sure it is not me. Am I going to have to have this action glass bedded or is there something else that I'm going to have to do? I don't reload yet but have plans to. I just can't believe that there is no factory ammo that this rifle with digest with acceptable accuracy and seriously doubt that reloading will solve this.

What gives? I bought the Savage because of their reputation for accuracy but I'm not seeing it.