Thread: nosler 260 remington brass review

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    LongRange
    Well i shot the 50 test pieces again today and really loaded em up with RL-17 and IMR4350 as i cant get enough H4831sc in the cases to even cause a sticky bolt...i wont post how high i went as i ran both powders way above book maxes. Whats interesting to me is how high above the listed max charges i had to go to even get a hard bolt lift...anyway im convinced that the nosler brass is good to go and will hold up as long charges are kept in the sane range lol.

The pics below lead me to believe this barrel on my 260 is about at the end of its life...these are both confirmed bug hole loads...the first three rounds of the 4350 load are on the right side the last two on the left...the RL-17 you can see the first three grouped then the last two when south...ive shot about 250 rounds since last cleaning but normally accuracy dont drop off until right at 400 so ill clean to steel and shoot next weekend and see how it does.
    Next barrel will be a 28" CBI match and im going to have this barrel set back and free bore added as this is one of the most accurate barrels ive owned.

Last edited by LongRange; 12-14-2014 at 05:52 PM.