Im not as concerned over the scopes i use for shooting as i am the ones i use for hunting.
I consider prairie dogs shooting, not hunting. Most of my scopes are older Leupolds some of which
have had at least an elevation knob installed at the factory. I dont require lots of power even at very long distances.
As a rule im not over 12x which tends to make the optics clearer. I have 3 older straight 12x vx3s which suit me just fine.
Also 3 older 3.5x10 vx3s and a few old 3x9vx2s. All have knobs for dialing. Optic clarity isnt an issue as much on lower power.
I own 1 8x25 leupold which sits on a 20 #300 Norma. That gun/scope sees most of the use for us when hunting.
I also own 1 8x32 nightforce nxs which sits on a custom actioned 338 big baer. We dont use our scopes for anything but shooting.
For hunting/ finding game, we use very large tripod mounted binnoculars mostly made by us using 2 spotting scopes.
We must count points in PA and we can do that even at a mile with decent conditions. So given as to what we do and how we do it,
the actual optic quality of the scope needent be best of the best. It just needs to show up for work (every) time its asked.