Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
For optical clarity and brightness (these are in order to what I see with my eyes working in sport optics EVERY single day) --Swaro, Kahles, Cabela's Instinct, Raazor, Zeiss, Leupold, Sightron, Nightforce, Viper, Burris.

Yes, I put NF that far down the list. The Instinct is the brightest and clearest scope I own and I have a really good sampling from the list above, even including the NF NXS.
Jamie, I respect your using optics every day. I no longer hunt deer and there are no PDs or Groundhogs here in Florida.
I noticed in your pecking order, you listed Cabelas. I suppose these are the high end models, because the low-mid are Chinese.
Although I have nearly 3 dozen scopes, none are of the the USO, NF price range.
I do have a 1970s Tasco 20X40 (all I could afford then) and it still amazes me with it's optical qualities.
I've got some Barska, NcStar, etc, I bought just to check them out and I wouldn't even use them as a hammer.
I have done a lot of A/B/C scope comparisons with several of my co-workers at different ranges, and sometimes a lower end scope will 'look' much better and be rated better than the Nikons, Burris, etc I own.
These 'reviews' are all on here......
FWIW
ron