I am brand new to the savage game and all of their numbers and stuff. I was pretty much sold on buying a remington 700 varmint heavy barrel but then I would have to buy a detachable magazine, a timney trigger, a new stock, get the barrel threaded, and that was a whole lot of money that I was not "allowed" to spend so I bought a savage 10p with accutriger, 20 inch threaded heavy barrel, and detachable magazine and it was about a 130 dollars cheaper than the remington 700 I was looking at.

I have done a lot of reading and savage does not make it easy trying figure out all of the numbers and the non-sense. I went ahead and bought a short action 20 moa scope mount for it. I know that I need to replace the stock. I am having a hard time finding an after market stock. I have felt the choate ultimate varmint and love it but I can not find one with a detachable magazine. I am pretty much open to any suggestions for a stock that is under 300 and has a pistol grip or thumb hole stock. Any help would be appreciated.