Thread: Savage Axis and the "Stone Soup" farytale; thoughts on "upgradeability."

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Basic Member
    I see that I am not the only one who has drunk the Axis Kool Aid. When they first hit the market I said I would never buy one, but as soon as they announced a left hand model I was like, "Hmmm." I used my employee discount and bought the only left hand model in the store inventory, a .270. The barrel was removed and sold to a friend who had a Savage 110 with a rusty, pitted chamber. Right now it is wearing a .243 barrel while I decide what to do next. Like you I did the $1 trigger mod, but I am not really satisfied. Probably a Rifle Basix trigger after deer season is over. Wish I could do it now, but my car just puked the timing belt so I can't afford it. Since I have a short action barrel on it at present, I am thinking Boyd's short action lefty in Nutmeg.

Edzzed
    Quote Originally Posted by LHitchcox View Post
    I see that I am not the only one who has drunk the Axis Kool Aid. When they first hit the market I said I would never buy one, but as soon as they announced a left hand model I was like, "Hmmm." I used my employee discount and bought the only left hand model in the store inventory, a .270. The barrel was removed and sold to a friend who had a Savage 110 with a rusty, pitted chamber. Right now it is wearing a .243 barrel while I decide what to do next. Like you I did the $1 trigger mod, but I am not really satisfied. Probably a Rifle Basix trigger after deer season is over. Wish I could do it now, but my car just puked the timing belt so I can't afford it. Since I have a short action barrel on it at present, I am thinking Boyd's short action lefty in Nutmeg.
    You will like the riflebasix trigger, Did one for my Axis .270 Yu'll also like the nutmeg color but take a look at their applejack color. Here is mine in nutmeg