Thread: has anyone tried the new nightforce scope?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    achilles
    I went to Cabelas and Liked the OPtions of the NXS 8-32x56mm the turrets, markings the Mil-r or I wish the MOAR-t had the Illumation to red. But loved the options. BUT. It bothers me that Nightforce has a 42 and 55x optic but with much less options. I really want the LOOONNNGGG range ability of the scope and the options. In going with the NXS 8-32 vs the bench-rest 12-42 will i notice the 10x drop in the effective range in seeing thoughts guys. And thank you for the Help thus far.

ALso if you had NO budget meaning 10k to spend on a scope what scope would you suggest/ or dream of having...?

If your intent is long range, don't forget to keep track of the available elevation adjustment. There's a give and take, usually when the magnification increases, there is a loss in internal adjustment. There's only so much room inside a scope tube.

I was shooting my 7mmRM out to a mile this weekend. I needed the adjustment much more than I needed additional magnification.
    "Muzzle velocity is a depreciating asset, not unlike a new car, but BC, like diamonds, is forever."-German A. Salazar

achilles
    Quote Originally Posted by geargrinder View Post
    If your intent is long range, don't forget to keep track of the available elevation adjustment. There's a give and take, usually when the magnification increases, there is a loss in internal adjustment. There's only so much room inside a scope tube.

I was shooting my 7mmRM out to a mile this weekend. I needed the adjustment much more than I needed additional magnification.

I see thank you