Short Story
I finally got by brand new Savage FCP HS Precision out to the range. I was shooting Federal Gold Medal Match and had the bullet get stuck in the lands. When I opened the bolt, the cartridge and bullet separated sending powder all over. I was unable to clean it out at the range and it ended my day at the range. I am unsure if I have an issue with 1) overall length issues with the FGMM, or 2) the factory set the headspace too short on the rifle.

More Detail
I certainly would not have expected factory ammo to jam in the lands, especially the reputation FGMM has for match grade consistency. The accuracy of the FGMM was excellent and I was very pleased with the results, but am concerned about high pressure if the bullet is being seated into the lands (not to mention the face I can't unload the firearm without shooting the round). I figured the shoulder of the case should stop a factory round well short the point where a bullet seats into the lands.

I was hand feeding the round and not relying on the magazine to feed. There were a few times earlier in the day that the bolt handle seemed a little stiff getting it pressed down. Not being overly familiar with the gun I didn't know if this was normal or not so didn't take much note. I am guessing it was resistance against 1) the shoulder of the casing, or 2) bullet seating into the lands (more likely).

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.